Theatre and Improv Course
Theatre level: Beginners
English Level: Intermediate B1
Theatre and Improv
Course in ENGLISH
18 years old
The course is carried out in one session and has the total duration of 2 hours.
- Saturday 8 October 2022 from 5-7pm.
Price of the Course: 64€
Price of the Course (Promo WEB): 25€
Price of the Course (Regular students of ETM): 20€*
Once a reservation is made you must conﬁrm the date you wish to partake in the course by calling us to any of our Estudio Teatro Madrid phone numbers: 911 107 575 or 670 483 938.
Our courses have a limited amount of spaces, and for this reason we recommend you make the reservation as soon as possible.
Those who have not yet conﬁrmed a date and show up directly will likely not be able to take part in the class.
The course will be subject to cancelation if the number of students necessary is not ﬁlled. In this case, the total cost of the course will be reimbursed to the students that already have a reservation.
Once the reservation or payment has been made, be it the total or partial payment of any of our activities, refunds will not be given, except if cancelled on behalf of Estudio Teatro Madrid.
Minimum Age: 18 years old.
This course is aimed at adults that would like to enjoy a fun and exciting experience, while also practising and training their English — in both vocabulary and expression — beneﬁting from all the advantages that theatre and improvisation offer.
Required level of ENGLISH and THEATRE:
- Level of SPOKEN ENGLISH: Intermediate B1
- Level of THEATRE: no previous experience
To get the most beneﬁt from the classes we require an intermediate B1 level of English, which will foster a steady and positive dynamic and rhythm of work. If you do not know your exact level of English, we will happily help you discover it.
Have fun in theatre while you practice English!
Native teaches - Classes 100 % in English!
Once the course is paid for you must email the school to conﬁrm the date you wish to take the class.
Más información del curso:
Objectives in the practice of English:
- Learn how to improvise in order to gain conﬁdence and ﬂuency.
- Improve your pronunciation and intonation.
- Overcome shyness and stage fright and lose the fear to speak in.
- Expand vocabulary and and comprehension.
- Train English conversation in a natural and spontaneous way,
- Gain experience in trial and error strategies to overcome creative blocks.
Objectives in the practice of theatre:
- Stimulate and develop the capacity of perception of reality, self-knowledge, communication, lateral thinking, observation skills, memory, gestures, spontaneity, bodily expression and smoothness of motion.
- Explore and enhance the skills of communication, imagination and creativity through theatrical games and improvisation exercises.
Contents in the practice of “English”:
- Interaction and overlap between verbal language (English) and body language.
- Resources to lose inhibitions and speak in public with conﬁdence.
- Expressiveness training to gain ﬂuency in spoken English.
Contents in the practice of “Theatre”:
- Exercises that train expression, communication and creativity.
- Performance techniques, corporal expression and vocal expression.
- Dramatic play and Improvisation.
When you reach an intermediate level of English, it is crucial to maintain active training to gain ﬂuency and conﬁdence. It is proven that theatrical dynamics in the context of learning a language activate natural learning with impressive results.
Many wish to practise their English but feel that theatre is not for them. We encourage you to give it a go and break that prejudice. Theatre is truly for everyone. And once you try it, you won’t want to go back! A theatre course in English represents a great didactic tool to consolidate language ability.
The results are truly astonishing. Vocabulary, expression and pronunciation accuracy increase and are consolidated in a steady and progressive manner.
The class is organised in two parts:
- First Part: psychophysical acting warm-up through games and perception exercises, spontaneity and tempo-rhythm.
- Second Part: Improvisation and theatrical games using a variety of resources that allow the student to internalise and practise the theatrical interpretation methodology being taught.
Our teachers are native speakers and the classes are conducted 100 % in English.
In our groups we welcome people from Spain and all over the world, people of all ages, students or professionals from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and day to day lives.
The atmosphere in our classes is one of pure entertainment. This course is the ideal way to break with your routine and have fun without limits while we learn and practise English.